Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Blinded (When I See You) by Third Eye Blind

Okay, so I really love a lot of these lyrics, so it's a long list today...

"Just an old friend coming over now and that's what I've become. I let myself in though I know I'm not supposed to but I never know when I'm done."

"Or stay, and let the day just fade away in wild dedication take the moment of hope and let it run and never look back at all the damage we have done now to each other. Cause when I see you, it's like I'm staring down the sun and I am blinded.  There's nothing left to do, still I see you.  I never believed that things they happen for a reason and they never go as planned."

"And I fall down on what to say. Oh something clean, let me be clever. Hey, oh well, whatever. But that's not what I mean. When where we've been has left us burned. Still I won't turn now from a fight I know I'll never win."

"Me, I'm a fool spent from defiance yeah you got me but I didn't give up on you."

"And I've just fallen back to earth still you know I'll try again cause I believe that we are lucky, we are golden, we're stolen manners in the days that we were one."

"So when I see you, despite all that we've become I'm still blinded, but I'm still staring down the sun. When I see you, I'm blinded."

Like I said, I like too many parts of this song and it was important to include them all.  But I happened to bold the last part because it pretty much sums it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment